Ramblings of a night owl. deep and shallow thoughts concerning the medial enviroment around us. Sporadicaly updated sadly.

Friday, January 20, 2006

I know, I bought it! (Part 1)

In the continuing effort of making people aware the Swedish arm of MPA, Anti piratbyrån, has made a trailer to inform people that it's not ok to download movies. The trailer tells us that we wouldn't steal a car or break into a house as a weak analogy to downloading movies. But wait, there is more. Where would you put a trailer like that to really reach out to the people that do the actual downloading?

How about putting them as a non skippable track on DVD:s people buy? Sounds like a great idea? I think not. When I buy a DVD I don't want someone to tell me that it's not ok to download. I have just invested my hard eared cash in buying the DVD, NOT downloading it so I'm probably not the target audience for such a scolding.

Ok, where else can we reach out to the people are putting the cinemas on the brink of ruin? Well, before the trailers of course. Not sure how their logic works but if I watch the trailers I'm not at home downloading am I? Talk about missing the point. Not only are they making themselves look like fools but they also stirring up hostility towards themselves for accusing everyone wrongfully of piracy.

Not the smartest move in the history of crime prevention I would say. Stay tuned for another not too bright move from IFPI.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home