Ramblings of a night owl. deep and shallow thoughts concerning the medial enviroment around us. Sporadicaly updated sadly.

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Scenes I remember Part 1

In the first installment of ”scenes I remember” I want to talk about the completely over the top action romp Shoot ’em Up. While there are many memorable scenes in this fast paced madness there is one that has really stuck in my mind.


Why is this a scene to remember I hear you ask. Well I tell you. I movies like this you rarely see the result of a wild shoot out. Take the action fest Commando as an example. Go though the movie in front of your inner eye and picture the scene where he storms the mansion and barracks. He kills loads of people but not one time do we get to see a birds eye view of the battlefield. The camera keeps us close to Arnold and strings together scene after scene. There scenes could be placed in any order since we never get to see the result of the last one.

But in Shoot ‘em up it’s in your face. The scene that precedes the clip there was a skydiving action scene so the people lying around is the result. In its grimness it shows the absurd situation by showing the sheer number of people he killed. In Commando it would have been great to see the front lawn where thirty people would lay around dead just to get a feel of the magnitude of the task Arnold has set out to do.

This scene has been splattered all over my memory and deserves a mention in the halls of action movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home