Ramblings of a night owl. deep and shallow thoughts concerning the medial enviroment around us. Sporadicaly updated sadly.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I’m looking at commercials for all the wrong reasons

When I see an ad in my film magazine or zap past a commercial when I by accident turn on the television I can’t help myself. I need to stop and watch what is displayed in front of my eyes. Has that ever happened to you? That compulsive behavior to study the images to see how they have lit that skinny model to make her look so healthy or how they have structured the commercial for the new brand of soft drinks they need you to start drinking this instant. How interesting is it to ponder what direction jeans commercials have taken content vise? Just be glad my brain isn’t the yard stick of civilization.

I know, sometimes I think I’m broken for real and not just acting.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

So, you look at advertisments for the right reasons. From a marketers point of view you are a exeplary consumer. I on the other hand have fallen from grace and look purely at the technical side of them. I can get obsessed over an ad for Dolce gabana bags because of the sublte choice of colored filters.

2:52 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder what would have happened, had there been many ad 'observers' like you... Maybe it made the producers to rely on deeper psychological tricks.

2:46 am

 
Blogger Kim said...

They would have to device new ways to decieve and lure us, that's for sure

5:06 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home